Welcome to talk about goaltending and coaching

This is the area for our foreign visitors who want to discuss matters around coaching goalies and goaltending technique related issues with Goaliepro's experts and our Finnish forum members.

Moderators: Jukka Ropponen, Jan, Cubanpuckstopper

Welcome to talk about goaltending and coaching

Postby Jukka Ropponen » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:57 pm

We have received several requests over the last couple of months about opening this area so that foreign visitors could also ask questions and join our discussions, so here we are.

We will monitor this area and see if the activity will pick so that it makes sense to maintain English area on top of our very active Finnish discussions.

Since we are a coaching company and we do not sell equipment usually outside Finland we also want to limit this discussion area to the topics of goalie technique and coaching goalies. The discussions about equipment, goalies, trades etc we leave for other English forums. Our focus is simply to allow our international visitors to discuss goaltending with our folks like myself, Jamo Hautakoski, Ale Jääskeläinen, Pekka Ajanto etc...

Cheers

Jukka
Jukka Ropponen
Goaliepro

Postby Cubanpuckstopper » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:51 pm

Hei! Hello

Thank You Jukka for the invitation to join this forum.

Although my contributions may come from a different point of view, I hope they will have a positive impact on the community.
The best goalies in the business enjoy every minute on the ice. - S. St Laurent
Cubanpuckstopper
Resident goalie geek

Postby Jukka Ropponen » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:58 pm

Welcome, as promised I will try to answer issues & questions here better than on the other forums I dont have time to visit that often.

Jukka
Jukka Ropponen
Goaliepro

Postby TartanBill » Sun May 10, 2009 3:47 pm

Jukka,

Thanks for creating this forum! It's been far too long. After I changed jobs, those August clinics became impossible for me.
TartanBill
Aloitteleva maalivahti

Postby Jukka Ropponen » Mon May 11, 2009 6:04 am

TartanBill wrote:Jukka,

Thanks for creating this forum! It's been far too long. After I changed jobs, those August clinics became impossible for me.

Bill, great to see you here. Take a look at our Community TV channel also. It would be great to have you post/upload some videos as well.

Jukka
Jukka Ropponen
Goaliepro

Postby Three » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:12 pm

Jukka,

Thank you for having me be apart of this forum ! I can't wait to read all the threads and watch the Community TV channel.

Three
Three
Rookie

Postby Jukka Ropponen » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:40 pm

Three wrote:Jukka,

Thank you for having me be apart of this forum ! I can't wait to read all the threads and watch the Community TV channel.

Three

Welcome buddy!

Notice that you can also post your own videoas at Community Tv and have folks (& me and our other coaches) comment them.

Jukka
Jukka Ropponen
Goaliepro

Postby pmgaff » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:00 pm

Thanks for creating this space for us Jukka. As we discussed at the Rochester clinic ONE I was Able to attend (: oops:), what you've contributed to my knowledge of the position has increased my level of enjoyment of the game, immensely.

(And thanks to Cuba for holding my hand through the registration challenges.)
pmgaff
Aloitteleva maalivahti

Postby pmgaff » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:01 pm

Thanks for creating this space for us Jukka. As we discussed at the ONE Rochester clinic I was able to attend (:oops:), what you've contributed to my knowledge of the position has increased my level of enjoyment of the game immensely.

(And thanks to Cuba for holding my hand through the registration challenges.)
pmgaff
Aloitteleva maalivahti

Re: Welcome to talk about goaltending and coaching

Postby RichMan » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:41 pm

Well, thx to Greg (Cuban) for inviting me, and to Jukka for OKing the whole thing. I hope that my experiences and views can help in any way as i am willing to learn much as well, as a goalie and as a new coach.

Now if only i can understand what button means what!!??!! :? :lol:

Jukka Ropponen wrote:We have received several requests over the last couple of months about opening this area so that foreign visitors could also ask questions and join our discussions, so here we are.

We will monitor this area and see if the activity will pick so that it makes sense to maintain English area on top of our very active Finnish discussions.

Since we are a coaching company and we do not sell equipment usually outside Finland we also want to limit this discussion area to the topics of goalie technique and coaching goalies. The discussions about equipment, goalies, trades etc we leave for other English forums. Our focus is simply to allow our international visitors to discuss goaltending with our folks like myself, Jamo Hautakoski, Ale Jääskeläinen, Pekka Ajanto etc...

Cheers

Jukka
RichMan
Rookie

Postby Jukka Ropponen » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:10 am

Welcome RichMan, I am sure cuban will help you around here as the moderator of this area.

Jukka
Jukka Ropponen
Goaliepro

Return to Coaching goalies & tech talk