Carey Price and Heart Rate Monitor Feedback

This is the area for our foreign visitors who want to discuss matters around coaching goalies and goaltending technique related issues with Goaliepro's experts and our Finnish forum members.

Moderators: Jukka Ropponen, Jan, Cubanpuckstopper

Carey Price and Heart Rate Monitor Feedback

Postby Cubanpuckstopper » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:57 pm

The article linked below, discusses everything Carey Price.

Of particular interest is the quoted dialogue lifted from the article which discusses Price wearing a heart rate monitor during games, and the results.

I recall Jukka/gaolipro undertaking similar a few years ago.

Those critics will be happy to learn that, for the past five games, Price has worn a multi-function heart monitor, the wristwatch receiver clipped into the back of his pants.

The man indeed has a pulse, topping out at 190 beats per minute during the game with an average of 120 bpm, which includes pregame and intermissions.

The “2336” readout on the watch following Monday’s game wasn’t the time of night, but rather his estimated calorie expenditure of the previous 5½ hours.

“I wear it in practice and I’ve been curious. I never knew what (calories) I burned during a game,” Price said. “It will give me a good idea what I should be eating and how many calories I should be consuming.”

Plenty, as it turns out. And guilt-free, no doubt.

Strapping the monitor on his chest when he arrives at the arena, Price figures by the data recorded that he burns about 300 calories over two hours, then another 2,000 during the warmup and game.

The receiver has proven to be shockproof thus far, no matter that he often crushes it during goalmouth pileups.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/health/C ... z2PtpXol5x
The best goalies in the business enjoy every minute on the ice. - S. St Laurent
Cubanpuckstopper
Resident goalie geek

Re: Carey Price and Heart Rate Monitor Feedback

Postby pmgaff » Thu May 02, 2013 4:58 pm

Interesting. The fact that Price is studying this is another illustration of the difference between the modern goalie and those from... you know... a while ago.

I'm pretty sure MY heart rate hits that mark when I bend over to tie my skates. :roll: :lol:
pmgaff
Aloitteleva maalivahti

Re: Carey Price and Heart Rate Monitor Feedback

Postby Jukka Ropponen » Thu May 02, 2013 7:16 pm

Heart rate is important and needs to be understood on games and then used for proper workouts. How ever we have something much more advanced that you will see at our camp as we make some announcements and we will also arrange an insider demo of the new system to all our coaches. stay tuned
Jukka

Blocker first - Questions later!
Jukka Ropponen
Goaliepro

Return to Coaching goalies & tech talk