Goaliepro Processes - They Work

This is the area for our foreign visitors who want to discuss matters around coaching goalies and goaltending technique related issues with Goaliepro's experts and our Finnish forum members.

Moderators: Jukka Ropponen, Jan, Cubanpuckstopper

Goaliepro Processes - They Work

Postby Cubanpuckstopper » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:38 am

In June of 2010, I had the opportunity to participate as an instructor, and learn the GoaliePro way of doing things.

I have copied much of what I saw in Finland for our own team in Harrington, DE, USA.

The dryland routines were modestly accepted, but the on-ice stations that were similar to those used at GoaliePro in Finland were key to our goalies' growth. These stations were particularly useful as many of our practices are held on half ice, one goalie works with the team, and the other goalie works a station near center ice.

The results were strong goal tending as our season wore on, and a stolen playoff final win, being out shot 37 to 20, bit 5 to 2 vicotrs.

The resulting championship would not have been without using GoaliePro techniques during the season.

Thanks to all. I regret not being able to attend the GoaliePro camps in 2011, but I look forward to a return to Wonderful Finland in 2012.

The best goalies in the business enjoy every minute on the ice. - S. St Laurent
Cubanpuckstopper
Resident goalie geek

Postby Jukka Ropponen » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:03 am

Congrats, I am really happy that we were able to help you and spread the knowledge.

Looking forward to have you back here in 2012.

Jukka
Jukka Ropponen
Goaliepro

Return to Coaching goalies & tech talk